The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) came into force on 25 May 2018 and is applicable to all organisations that collect and process data, including Taunton Association of Performing Arts (TAPA) which is a collective of performing arts organisations.
1. TAPA holds the following data of representative(s) of the member organisation: name, email address and telephone number(s).
2. This data is used for the administration of your organisation’s membership of TAPA and communication of information about TAPA and TAPA members. All email communication to TAPA members will be sent individually to protect representatives’ data.
3. Personal data held is provided by member organisations when they join TAPA.
4. The data is stored in both TAPA’s MailChimp account and a secure online spreadsheet managed by the Membership Secretary and by the Chair. The TAPA website does not contain any personal details unless you have given permission for your organisation’s entry to provide those details on the TAPA website.
5. Under GDPR TAPA does not have a statutory requirement to have a Data Protection Officer. The Chair is responsible for ensuring that TAPA discharges its obligations under GDPR.
6. The data is accessible by the Membership Secretary, the Chair and the Website Manager or their appointed deputy in order to carry out their legitimate tasks, and by the person who is responsible for the TAPA MailChimp facility, which is used to communicate information to TAPA members.
7. TAPA collects personal data that is necessary for the purposes of its legitimate interests as a membership organisation including contacting you regarding your organisation’s membership of TAPA. To maintain your organisation’s membership your name, email address and telephone number(s) are required to be held by TAPA.
8. To check the information TAPA holds about you please contact the Membership Secretary. You can always ask for data to be removed, restricted, amended or rectified.
9. TAPA normally keeps representatives’ data after they cease to be the point of contact for their organisation in case they are later re-appointed as the representative, and so they can receive the TAPA newsletters. However, we will delete entirely any contact details by request provided that the member organisation has provided to TAPA the contact details of at least one representative in order to maintain membership of TAPA.
10. TAPA uses MailChimp for all contact with members, except when contacting representatives personally by email. In each and every MailChimp mailing the recipient has the facility to unsubscribe by clicking a link. TAPA understands that MailChimp is GDPR Compliant.